THE ART OF THE KEYBOARD. Paper.
The Art of the Keyboard volumes present critical texts – texts superior to those furnished by any single source because they are based on collation of sources and because they correct the errors that may compromise even an authoritative source. The editorial process is documented by full critical apparatus reporting all emendations of principal sources and important variants in concordant sources. Where a work survives in more than one version, multiple versions of the same piece are offered.
Conventions of the original notations are retained as much as possible while at the same time making the music accessible to modern performers. Key signatures, mensuration, ornamentation, and route indications of the originals are reproduced, clefs are modernized; beaming and the distribution of matter among staves are left largely unaltered. No fingerings or interpretive marks are added.
The volumes are computer engraved in a clear, modern font; volumes are paperbound and are printed on acid-free paper in a comfortable 9-inch format, usually with five systems per page.
The Art of the Keyboard is issued in two series:
Scholarly Series: Containing the complete musical texts, with introductions and full critical apparatus.
Practical Series: Offprints from the Scholarly Series offering the music but neither introductions nor critical apparatus.
1. [Jacques?] Hardel: The Collected Works. Ed. by Bruce Gustafson. EUR 23.75
2. Johann Caspar Kerll: The Collected Works for Keyboard. Ed. by C. David Harris. 2 volumes. EUR95.00
- 2A. Kerll: Four Suites. EUR 23.75
- 2B. Kerll: Eight Toccatas. EUR 23.75
- 2C. Kerll: Four Pieces. EUR 23.75
3. [Étienne?] Richard: The Collected Works. Ed. by Bruce Gustafson. EUR 23.75
4. Harpsichord Music Associated with the Name La Barre. Ed. by B. Gustafson & R. Peter Wolf. EUR 28.50
5. Johann Friedrich Doles, Jr.: The Collected Works for Keyboard. Ed. by C. David Harris. EUR 28.50
6. Johann Kuhnau: The Collected Works for Keyboard. Ed. by C. David Harris. 2 volumes. EUR 95.00
- 6A. Kuhnau: Neuer Clavier Ubung Erster Theil. EUR 23.75
- 6B. Kuhnau: Neuer Clavier Übung Andrer Theil. EUR 23.75
- 6C. Kuhnau: Biblical Sonatas (Musicalische Vorstellung einiger Biblischer Historien). EUR 28.50
7. Jean Henry D’Anglebert: The Collected Works. Ed. by C. David Harris. 2 volumes. EUR 95.00
- 7A. D’Anglebert: Selected Works for Harpsichord in C and a. EUR 25.00
- 7B. D’Anglebert: Selected Works for Harpsichord in D. EUR 25.00
- 7C. D’Anglebert: Works for Organ. EUR 15.00
8. John Roberts: The Collected Works. Ed. by Candace Bailey. EUR 23.75
9. Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale de France, fonds conservatoire, MS Rés. 475. Works by Jean Nicolas Geoffroy. Ed. by Mary Tilton. 2 volumes. EUR 95.00
- 9A. Jean Nicolas Geoffroy: Selected Works for Harpsichord and Organ. EUR 23.75
10. Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale de France, MS Rés. Vm 7 675–675. The Bauyn Manuscript. Ed. by Bruce Gustafson with R. Peter Wolf. NYP